The following are the answers (in red) to today's quiz for the book "Farmer Boy" by Laura Ingalls Wilder:
1. Why was the cobbler late getting to the Wilder's House? He was making shoes for a wedding and it took him three weeks. Page 288.
2. Who offered Almanzo an apprenticeship? Mr. Paddock. Page 363.
3. Who covered up the stain with wallpaper? Eliza Jane, his sister. Page 226-227.
.....Why? She didn't want Almanzo to get in trouble. Page 226-227.
4. In which room did Almanzo throw the blacking brush? The parlor. Page 220.
.....Why did he throw it? Eliza Jane had been bossing Almanzo about polishing the stove, which frustrated him. Page 219-220.
5. Which of Almanzo's sisters helped to load potatoes into the basket to go into the wagon? Alice. Page 116
6. What plant did Almanzo raise on milk? Pumpkin. (It grew very large, Almanzo entered into a contest at the county fair and he won.) Page 191-192, and Page 271.
7. What did Almanzo get from the tin peddler? A tin horn painted red (whistle). Page 139.
8. Who dared Almanzo to ask his dad for a nickel? Frank. Page 181.
....What did Almanzo's father say and/or do? Almanzo's father reminded him how much work it took to earn that nickel, then he gave him a half dollar to see if Almanzo would do the right thing. Pages 181-185.
Moved this blog to our Rosemary Ridge Farm blog - I hadn't realized it's been so long since I posted here. Could be because I post on our farm's blog, www.rosemary-ridge.blogspot.com . There, we talk abo...
4 years ago