Labels for Blog Postings:

A Growing Boy

My baby's birthday celebration is finally over. We overdid his b-day this year - not with gifts but with time. Hubby took off from work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so we spent those three days doing fun family things. Saturday and today were filled with chores and watching movies.

But my regular Sunday phone call to a family friend helped me re-realize: my baby is almost a man. His voice has stopped squeaking and is quite deep. His chest is filling out and his feet are bigger than mine. He's also nearly as tall as I am.

We had a little talk this morning. Now that he's growing older, he needs to be able to better control the little sounds he makes and his pacing. He needs to help more with chores (although he is really helpful in the house, he needs to help more with yardwork and gardening), and concentrate more on schoolwork and learning. We have a lot to accomplish this year.

I think I'll have my boy resume writing a paragraph a day about anything (for the writing portion of his schoolwork), and will post his musings here. Need to go see if I can work it into his schedule.

No comments: