Labels for Blog Postings:

Education Catch-Up

We're working hard to get Tween caught up. He has struggled understanding the most basic of math questions until suddenly, last week, he did a math problem in his head. It even had a "carry" number in this double-digit addition problem. Didn't use his fingers to count! I was properly enthusiastic (are you kidding? I practically jumped up!). Now I have to carefully mosey on down the path of math. I need to make sure he keeps this surge of enthusiasm and understanding.

Meanwhile, we're a little behind with the videos to help with his self-confidence and stuttering. Friday was a hectic day, and yesterday (Monday) was my birthday so we played hooky as soon as his regular schoolwork was done. He finished the book "Bridge to Terabithia", did a unit in spelling, read his history assignment aloud, and did a unit in math.

Today he started reading "The Hobbit", read his science assignment aloud, did another unit in spelling and a timed unit in math which he wizzed through!

We'll do another video tomorrow, along with a quiz about Terabithia, history, math and spelling. I'm thinking he'll also help me plant some lettuce and orange carrots (his favorite) in our raised-bed garden!

No comments: